How are you monitoring your property?
There tends to be a spike in crime when summertime rolls around. Police records from 2012-2014 indicate that the majority of crimes begin to increase in May and remain strong through the summer before dipping into the fall season.
While overall crime rises in the summer, police say you cannot predict the rise and fall of violent crime based on the season. “Any time throughout the year, you have increases that can happen on a daily basis. Every day is a new day and things can happen.” said police commander Gregg Jones. So while shootings and robberies can happen anytime, police say non-violent crimes follow more of a seasonal pattern.
“I think in general there is a rise in the summer months in crime trends. When you look at it, it’s because there’s more activity going on outside. There are more events and more people outside so there are some things, such as property crimes, that can go up in the summer months.” commented police commander Melissa Sedlaczek.
The level of security threats is increasing daily and so almost all homeowners and companies are looking to add some extra security cover. Monitor your property by installing a video surveillance system.
Advantages of adding cameras to your property:
- Security cameras do not fall asleep unless a technical glitch hits them
- Security Surveillance cameras provide an accurate portrayal of events
- Cameras help in deterring potential burglars/predators and assist in reducing employee theft
- Security cameras save you from frivolous/maligning lawsuits
- Monitor staff activities and ensure productivity per expectations
- Security Camera installation provides a heavy discount on your business insurance policy
- You can check on your property on your mobile device if your premises are fitted with security cameras that are connected to a networked computer system
Saalex Information Technology (SaalexIT) provides sales and services on surveillance systems. Contact one of our IT regional offices, California (805) 222-4977 or Florida (321) 604-6165 for a FREE SURVEILLANCE ANALYSIS.