Physicians Rate Electronic Health Record Vendors
Specialist Physicians Rate EHR Vendors in Nationwide Independent Survey
December 12, 2012 | Industry News Release
When it comes to purchasing an EHR, many physicians are overwhelmed by the options available. Additionally, once the EHR is installed, its intended benefits aren’t always realized, forcing practices to switch to a more suitable solution.
Universal Survey collected feedback on the EHR experiences of over 1,000 specialists in orthopaedics, ophthalmology, dermatology, and cardiology. The 2012 EHR Assessment for Ambulatory Specialists study provides an unbiased evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of EHRs, based on physician usage during the Stage 1 meaningful use reporting period.
Universal’s final analysis focuses on the top 13 rated vendors, which represent over 70% of the 1,051 total responses received. They include:
• Allscripts • Epic • Modernizing Medicine
• Athena • GE • NextGen
• Cerner • Greenway • NextTech
• Compulink • Medflow • SRS
SRS ranked highest among the 13 vendors, receiving the top score in all five categories:
- Practice productivity
- Physician satisfaction
- Ease of use
- Accuracy of data capture
- Physician willingness to recommend their EHR to peers
“Universal Survey believes this research illustrates the drastic differences that exist among EHR vendors today,” says Mike Lefkowitz, CEO. “We hope the information helps practices make more informed decisions when selecting an EHR solution.”
- Founded in 1997, Universal is one of the largest independent and privately held market research survey data collection companies.
- Survey data collected with Universal’s Global Healthcare Network and Panel yields proven, reliable, and statistically representative results.