Saalex Technologies is Hiring a Sr. Sys Admin! Come and join our great customer-focused Team!
If you know of a great Sys Admin who wants loves a great challenge in a fast-paced IT Solutions & Services company servicing Commercial Business Customers, email a resume to us today at Sales@saalex.com or apply online at http://resumeware.saalex.com/saalex_rw/saalex_web/job_search.cfm
Senior Systems Administrator
With over 15 years of experience is servicing both the Federal Government and Businesses in Southern California, Saalex Technologies is a seasoned IT Services and Solutions company which provides a broad range of IT Consulting, Managed Services, and IT Solutions for Businesses from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles in California. We’re located in beautiful Camarillo, California. Saalex Technologies is looking for a seasoned Senior System Administrator who will be Responsible for deploying the release of new technologies for our clients as well as the design, installation, configuration, maintenance and system integration testing performance of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, maintains and upgrades client computer hardware and software systems supporting client environments; well versed in IT Solutions hardware and software for Enterprise Environments
- Controls user access and passwords and maintains secure environments based on industry Best Practices
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Monitors usage and performance
- Trains client IT personnel or Internal Saalex Staff on system usage
- Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products; in-house SME on industry-leading software and hardware solutions
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services, and maintains a secure systems environment
- Other related duties assigned as needed
Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline OR related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive Windows Operating System knowledge (WIN 2000,2003,2008 and good understanding of 2012)
- Extensive knowledge of VMWare ESX and Citrix Technologies (e.g. XenApp/XenDesktop)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of storage management
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of network monitoring and tools
- Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices
- Skill to effectively analyze and solve problems
- Skill in software installation and maintenance
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
This is a highly-skilled role with extensive proficiency required. This individual will need to be comfortable with, and show a documented track record of increasing responsibility and references for experience with:
- Working under minimal supervision on complex projects.
- Utilizing a wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Working on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Developing large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research.
- Working on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert.
- Coaching and mentoring more junior technical staff.
- Typically requires five or more years of demonstrated experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.