Windows 10 Releases Today!
Windows 10 is here! Microsoft has assured that upgrading to Windows 10 will be much easier than the past experiences. Features from the Start menu to better multitasking to a brand new browser are all on the table for the new OS. As SaalexIT has performed many Windows upgrades, and has tried Windows 10 through Microsoft’s Windows Insider Program, we can carry this experience and skill to the Windows 10 upgrade, which has been promised to be less jarring and radical than the Windows 8 upgrade.
Things of note:
- The software is free during the first year if you’re upgrading a new or existing Windows 7, or Windows 8.1 device
- You will only have a full year from release date to take advantage of the free upgrade offer.
- Windows XP and older systems are not compatible with Windows 10 however, so if you are still running Windows XP or older systems, you will have to buy Windows 10 and start from scratch.
- AUTOMATIC UPDATES ARE MANDATORY. This applies to both home and business users, unless the latter group turns to dedicated tools that allow them to have more control over how updates are installed. Basically, you have to go out of your way to keep Windows 10 out of date. If you do not want automatic updates, you can temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10. Click here for Microsoft’s walkthrough. There has already been an issue for Windows 10 users with NVIDIA graphics cards, where the installation of new drivers broke multimonitor setups, SLI (dual card) configurations and even stopped PCs booting entirely which pushes Windows 10 into its emergency recovery mode. If you have encountered that issue, you have to install package KB3073930 and keep that driver update from reinstalling.
What you will get with Windows 10:
- PCs will boot up and run apps faster, while remaining more secure
- Longer battery life for laptops
- Popular shortcuts are recognized instead of having to right click and selecting a command (i.e. ctrl + v versus right click -> paste)
- Start Menu gains “live tiles” and is fully customizable
- New Edge browser that pushes Internet Explorer into retirement
- A virtual voice assistant, Cortana, is at your beck and call
- On some systems, you’ll be able to log in with your face, iris or fingerprint.
- Fresh version of Office
- Improved support for gamers
- New built-in Photos, Maps, Music and other apps that will universally run across the entire Windows 10 ecosystem: PCs, tablets, phones, Xbox One.
Need help understanding and upgrading to Windows 10? SaalexIT can help you navigate through these changes.
Saalex Information Technology (SaalexIT) is a Microsoft Certified Partner that can help you figure out the right IT solution for your organization. Contact one of our IT regional offices, California (805) 222-4977 or Florida (321) 604-6165 or check out our website for a full list of our offered services.